Pages

Saturday 4 September 2021

A super sweet velum shaker card


 

Happy Saturday Teatimer's hope you have all had a good week. I'm attempting to get all my summer themed cards made before Autumn creeps upon us. So what better summer theme than a whopper of an ice cream sundae. This card didn't turn out anything like I had planned at the beginning but I love how it turned out. 

I started out by cutting out the A2 frame dies in white cardstock twice and once from white fun foam this enabled me to get the size of the panel of the background. For the background panel I used a mix of Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Kitsch Flamingo. It's a great way to practice your blending as it doesn't need to be perfect as you can only just see it behind the velum shaker. After this I adhered the white fun foam frame on top and added my shaker sprinkles inside then adhered the velum on top  and layered the last frame on top of that. 
The letters are cut out of the same white card stock using Anthony's Alphas I added the letters at the top of the bottom so the cream would ground the image. The ice cream image is from the new Sundae Sweeties stamp set its super fun and being a bigger image great for practicing your colour skills. I coloured that up and the little mouse and the cherry when die cutting out the cherry and the little mouse I cut out another two of each using plain white card stock so that I could add a little extra dimension but I didn't want the thickness of the fun foam or the weight to make the velum sag.
I finished it off with some white heat embossed writing on black cardstock and popped them on top. 
I love the subtleness of the of the shaker card it adds some extra detail without being the main focus of the card. 
I hope you have a great weekend and like my card today and if you want to buy any of the products you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like