Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Lots of Hearts Rainbow 'Hello' cards (draft)

Hello everyone, Elaine here today sharing some simple but joyful 'hello' cards.  


For these cards I started with some ink blending.  Taking a piece of white, smooth, heavyweight card measuring 5 11/16" x 4 1/16", I used my Distress Inks and Time for Tea Designs Rainbow Blending Brushes to create a soft rainbow background. Starting in the top left hand corner I applied some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  Next, I applied some Festive Berries, Carved Pumpkin followed by Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet and lastly, back to Picked Raspberry.  All colours were applied diagonally from top left down to bottom right.

Taking the Lots of Love Horizontal Cover Plate Die, I ran it through my die cutting machine with some white heavyweight card.  I like to save all the little hearts, they're great to use on another project.  I applied a small amount of liquid glue around the edge of my rainbow ink blended panel and carefully laid the lots of hearts panel over the top.

Setting the hearts aside to dry, I finished working on the sentiment.  I used the Large Script Hello Sentiment Die and cut the outline from grey cardstock and the word was cut from some more white cardstock and then ink blended.  To give a little more interest to the sentiment I created a gradient effect by applying more ink at the top of the word.  The two layers where adhered together and then adhered to the card front.  Finally the card panel was applied to a horizontal top folding card base.  

These cards were really simple to create and I love having cards like this in my stash to send for many occasions.

I'm delighted you stopped by today and hope you have a wonderful day!  Elaine xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like