Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2024

Queen for the day 👑

It's probably not a coincidence that we (the Dutch) were celebrating a certain somebody's birthday around the same time as I was making this card, and I chose the orange color scheme... but I did not do it on purpose! 😅
Just shows how much you can be influenced, or inspired rather, by day to day occurences. Anyhow! I started making this card as I needed a girly birthday card. I stamped the images from the Queen For the Day Clear Stamp Set and colored them in with my Copic markers. I used the coordinating die set to cut them out.


I then moved on to making the background. Took the smaller die from the Sweet Scalloped Dies and die cut a panel from white cardstock. After that, I trimmed another panel slightly smaller, as I wanted to keep the stitched detail on the scalloped panel. On this smaller panel, I used distress oxides kitsch flamingo and picked raspberry together with the Sweet Honeycomb 6 x6" Stencil to create what in my mind looks like a tiled wall (I actually have honeycomb tiles in my own bathroom! They're not pink though, unfortunately). The flooring was made with wild honey and musterd seed.



I stamped on the sentiment with black stamping ink and adhered the smaller panel onto the white scalloped panel using double sided tape. Using 3D foam tape, I added my stamped and colored images on top.

Using the larger scalloped rectangle from the Sweet scalloped dies, I die cut a panel out of design paper. I then took my Simple Nesting Dies - A6 and used the die slightly smaller than the scallops to cut the scallops off, but leaving the stitched border on. Added all the layers onto a white folded card.


Lastly I added some sparkles by using stickles (hibiscus) to the bubbles and the shampoo bottle. And ofcourse some mirror dots to make card extra shiny!


I hope you like it! Thanks for visiting the T4T blog my kings and queens!  ðŸ‘‘



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like