Pages

Monday 17 June 2024

"I Chews You!"

 Hello Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted to create a card around one of my favorite images from the 'Gummy Bears' stamp set, the Gumball Machine!

I kept going back and forth on how I wanted the scene to look and thought it would be fun to have it look like the gumballs were spilling out of the machine, causing sweet chaos throughout the card.

Sets used:

(Coordinating die set available here)

I first stamped out the gumball machine image and used Copic Markers to color the image. I then fussy cut it out.

I took an A2 Panel and stamped the gumball image around the panel with black ink. Once I had the gumballs all stamped out, I used the same Copic Marker combos and the candies in the machine for the background.


I wanted it to look like some of the gumballs were overlapping and add a bit of dimension to the card. I decided to take scrap pieces of cardstock and stamp additional gumballs onto the scrap piece.

Once stamped out, I used the same Copic Marker combos to color these gumballs as well. I fussy cut them out and set them to the side.

I took a purple piece of cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment onto the cardstock with embossing ink and white embossing powder. I then trimmed it down to complete the sentiment.


Before I decided where I wanted the additional gumballs to go, I adhered my gumball machine to the panel with foam tape.

I then added the sentiment strip to the panel using a piece of foam strip.

Once that was completed, I took round foam dots and added them to the back of the gumballs and added them around the panel, layering over the ones already stamped onto the panel. 

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today. All the items I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like