Pages

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Have a sweet day!

Goodday everyone! Ilona behind the keyboard today, showing you my sweet sweet card with the Sweet Cart Critters clear stamp set from the latest release.

I thought it would be fun to make a slimeline card, using two carts next to each other, as if there was a sweet market in critter town. I started by stamping the images with my stamping tool en cut them out using my Scan 'n Cut. Took a bunch of Copics to color them in, which is so much fun to do! I decided to use 'cool' colors for the cart and critters this time, to be able to use 'warm' colors for the sweets, matching the background, as I do like myself some contrast ;-)


Picking the background colors was easy for me this time as I imagined the market to be in the countryside at sunset. I took the second largest slime line die cut to cut a panel out of white watercolor cardstock. I then used scattered straw and saltwater taffy Distress Oxides for the background, and abandoned coral for the trees. Purposly chose a very dark pink cardstock for the grass to emphasize the sunset color scheme. 


Splattered with gold and white paint and then had to wait until it dried (which is so hard!!). After it dried, it was time for me to assemble the card. I used 2 different sizes of foam tape (0,5 mm and 1 mm) to adhere the stamped images to the background. I then die cut a panel from white cardstock with the largest slimeline die and used double sided to tape to assemble. Added some dots with Nuvo glitter drops as a finishing touch. Have a sweet day!




Products used:

Sweet Cart Critters clear stamp set

Slimline Hillside Scene Dies

Simple Slimline Nesting Dies

6x6 Scene Builder Stencil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like