Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2024

Happy engagement!

 Hello everybody!

There's has been a proposal!👰 Not to me, I married quite some time ago, but a co-worker of mine was proposed to by her boyfriend during a romantic getaway. Ofcourse I had to make a card to congratulate them. 

Time for Tea has got a clear stamp set especially for engagements, but I do not have this particular set in my stash, so I had to be creative on this theme. I scowered through my supplies and found the Stinkin' Cute Clear Stamp Set has got critters in there which, with a little bit of imagination, can be seen as a couple getting engaged 😃

So I stamped those and colored them with Copic alcohol markers. (And yes, brown skunks DO exist! I thought it would make the look somewhat 'softer' as I was going for a romantic warm sunset vibe). This time I fussy cut them out with my Cutter bee scissors. 


My next step was to cut a panel with the Simple Nesting Dies - A6 from white cardstock. I chose warm Distress oxide colours for my sunset sky background: dusty concord, abandoned coral and scattered straw. The ground has been made with tea dye and aged mahogany. 



For the sentiment I used Anthony's Alpha Dies on smooth white cardstock combined with the Simple Sentiments Clear Stamp Set. The word 'engagement' was heat embossed onto a strip of black cardstock.

I adhered the colored critters and the sentiment onto the panel with foam tape and adhered the entire panel onto a white card base with double sided tape.

Lastly I added some die cut hearts in black and gave the 'boyfriend' skunk a ring to offer to his 'girlfriend' skunk. The ring used to be a sweet from the Bearing Gifts Clear Stamp Set, which I trimmed down to a circle. 


Now isn't this a nice romantic scene? 😍

Hope the receivers like it as much as I do!


~Ilona~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like