Pages

Saturday 20 April 2024

Summer birthday with Kaja

Hi all,

It's Kaja from Kajcyika crafts and today I am back with an adorable card that was inspired by the heat wave that we had in Slovenia last week. It really felt like it was already summer!

Take a look:


I love summer and I knew that I wanted to create a subtile sea in the background, so I started by inkblending some blues and greens into a piece of white cardstock. Once it was all nicely blended, I took the hearts from the A2 Stitched hearts cover die and die cut 4.

To add the wavy effect, I added some white gel waves with the help of Beach scene builder stencil that I used as a guide.

Next, I stamped out and colored a bunch of images from the Beach buds stamp set. I made sure that I used the colors that I knew would nicely coordinate with the blues in the background.


Then, I cut down a piece of striped paper from the Sweet summer paper pad. I trimmed it down to be the same size as my card base. To create a focal point, I used a slightly smaller rectangle, on which I glued down the hearts.

I stamped out the sentiment from Beach buds stamp set in black ink on a piece opf gray cardstock and this time I decided to go with a simple 'It's your birthday'.

I glued everything on the square card base using double sided foam squares and liquid glue.

Hugs,
Kaja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like