Pages

Saturday 18 January 2020

Creating Dimension with Masking Stencils and FB Live Video Tutorial

Hi! Jo here with another weekly card tutorial taken from our Thursday night FB Live Event.



In this video I used one of the new Masking Stencils along with a previously released stamp set, There's Always Time for Tea. 

And now onto our card tutorial. Be sure to watch the video below to see all the techniques below in more detail.


I wanted to make a card with a spring feel to banish some of those winter blues!! This was the perfect colour palette and the stamp set is perfect for those 'just because' cards.



I used the new Square Grid Stencil to ink blend my background onto our pre cut A6 super smooth cardstock. I added some splatters of white paint. I repeated this to create two almost identical panels. I cut one of the panels 2mm smaller across each edge. 
I inked a further A6 panel in a mint ink. I created the colour with a mix of 2 Distress Oxide Inks. These colours all worked so well together.  




I stamped and coloured my images using Copic Markers. 

I kept to the colour palette I had chosen and kep my kitties the same colour so they wouldn't clash or distract too much from the rest of the card.

I used the coordinating die cuts to cut around each of the images.







I adhered my smaller grid panel onto my mint green panel using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.

To create dimension I took the second grid panel that I'd inked up previously and cut out two  of the squares. One from the top row, one from the bottom row.

I added foam tape to these square and adhered them to my focal panel.





I then stamped my sentiments onto our Liquorice Cardstock using WOW Embossing Ink and their Bright White Embossing Powder.

I cut these sentiments out using the dies that come with the Say Anything Stamp Set and the Fishtail banner Die that comes in the Best Fishes Banner and Border Die set.

I adhered this at opposite corners.



You'll see more detail in the video of how I constructed the rest of my card. I used a combination of liquid glue and foam dots to add my images.

Before adding my finishing touches I adhered the whole panel to my card base which was one of our A6 Top Folding Card Blanks turned to a landscape orientation.

I added finishing touches by adding highlights with my White Gelly Roll Pen. My favourite bit was making my sugar cubes super sugary looking using some Stardust Stickles :). They look so sparkly just like sugar!!
I also added some Clear Nuvo Crystal Drops to my strawberry so that he glistened!




I really love how this card turned out even if it did make Ant & I really want a biscuit!! :) Details of the T4TD products I used are below.



Please do join us for our next Crafting Live Facebook Event, next Thursday Evening at 8PM GMT.

Big Crafty Hugs

Jo & Ant
XOXO




1 comment:

  1. Amazing blending background of square grid.
    Love this adorable stampset😍🤗

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like