Pages

Sunday 19 January 2020

Honey Bee Mine

Hi crafty friends! Are you ready for a dose of inspiration from Time For Tea Designs? DT Jennifer here with a fun Valentine's Day project that I hope you enjoy.


Today I've pulled out a set that was released late last spring and used it to create this fun Valentine's Day card! This 4" x 6" card features the Bee Happy stamp and coordinating die set, along with the Bee Hive stencil layered over the top of one of our brand new masking stencils (Large Heart). You can find all the Bee products HERE - they are bundled AND reduced in price, snap them up while you can! I love these little cuties.

To create this project, I first set up my cardstock base with the Large Heart masking stencil. I used one of our Beautiful Blender Brushes to apply Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink to the the entire open area. Check out perfect those edges came out! Then, I laid down the Bee Hive stencil over the top and over sprayed it with Nuvo Sparkle Spray in Morning Fog.

For the next phase, I stamped the bee and hive images onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. Then I heat embossed the sentiment onto Ruby Red cardstock using Nuvo Fine Details Embossing Powder in Glacier White. I cut the sentiment out using the banner die from the Best Fishes borders and banners die set, and skimmed the edges with a black chalk marker to give a little more definition to it (since I knew I'd be layering it over the top of my stenciled heart). I also cut the bee hive and bee out with their coordinating dies.

I cut the large rectangle frame out of black cardstock using the Smile Sentiment and Scalloped Frame die set and layered it over my stenciled background panel. Once it was set up, I added my images and sentiment panel using various heights of foam squares, and Nuvo silver sequins went on with mini glue dots


I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration. If you've got a moment, head over to join our FB communityfollow us on Instagram, and don't forget to play along with our monthly challenges by tagging #timeforteadesigns - so easy! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love this cutie honeybee...
    Bee hive highlights the background of the card..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like