Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Layering Your Stencils and Correcting a Copic Colouring Disaster!

Hi! Jo here with another weekly card tutorial taken from our Thursday night FB Live Event.



In this video I used one of the new Masking Stencils along with a previously released stamp set. 

And now onto our card tutorial. Be sure to watch the video below to see all the techniques below in more detail.



I wanted to make a bright cheery card for a friend so the 'Shell Phone' stamp set was perfect.



I layered the Clouds Stencil over one of the new Masking Stencils. This one is the Small Rectangle Stencil. I turned the clouds upside down so the created waves. I then used my Distress Oxide inks to blend my background through the stencil. 

I stamped and coloured my images using Copic Markers. I am currently reorganising my craft room so during the colouring we talked about how everyone stores their Copic Markers. How do you store yours? Do you have a handmade cubby or have you found the ideal storage by repurposing something you had already? I have found some cool storage containers but they are not quite big enough for all my markers!! I would love to know what solutions you have come up with. Leave me a comment below.


I should also point out that you will see on the video that our Mermaid did not start off with this rich red hair!! It was ORANGE! Yes ORANGE! I had a weird vision that Ariel from the Little Mermaid had more ginger type hair - it looked ridiculous! :( But a quick check on Ant's phone for what Ariel's hair really looked like helped me fix it with some strong reds.


You'll see in the video that I let each new layer of colour applied to the hair, dry before adding anymore colour. That is to prevent over saturation of the paper and the colour bleeding outside of the lines.



I trimmed my background panel to be slightly smaller than my card base which is an A6 Top Folding Card but used at a Landscape orientation.


I stamped my sentiment before adding my background to the card panel with foam tape.

I then added my stamped images using foam squares for dimension.


I used my White & Black Glaze Gelly Roll pens to add highlights and my Stardust Stickles to make the Mermaids tail super glittery! 

I really love how this card turned out. I hope you do to. Details of the products I used are below.

Please do join us for our next Crafting Live Facebook Event, next Thursday Evening at 8PM GMT.

Big Crafty Hugs

Jo & Ant
XOXO





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful way to make stencil layering background...
    Love this Shellphone stamp set.
    The mermaid looks so gorgeous.😍🤗

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like