Pages

Monday 9 September 2024

"A Toast to You!"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Today I have another card where I create a background with just one stamp image. This time I wanted to focus on the toast image that is in the 'We Got Together' stamp set.

I wanted to pair this background with a "punny" sentiment that I created using dies and words in other sets. 

Sets used:

We Got Together coordinating die set available here

I first took an A2 panel and stamped the toast image around it. I made sure to stamp at different angles to fill the background.

I then stamped out several more images of the toast on a separate piece of cardstock and fussy cut them out.


To color my different toast, I used the following Copic Marker color combos:

Avocado Toast: YG21, YG23, YG45
Butter Toast: Y32, Y35, Y38
Nutella Toast: E23, E25, E27
Grape Jam on Toast: BV11, BV13, BV17
Strawberry Jam on Toast: R22, R24, R27

I made sure to alternate colors when I was coloring each toast. 


I then die cut out the word 'toast' twice from teal and pink cardstock. I decided to die cut it out of teal cardstock to create the shadow.

Using the various sentiments, I masked off certain words to isolate the phrases "a" and "to you" to complete my sentiment. I heat embossed them onto teal cardstock using white embossing powder and embossing ink. 

I then trimmed down these sentiments and worked on adhering them onto my card with the word 'toast' first.


I adhered the teal letters first using liquid adhesive and then the pink letters slightly over them.

I then took the two sentiment strips and using liquid adhesive. With the toast images that I stamped separately, I added them on top of the background using foam tape to complete my card. 

All items I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like