Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2024

Precious Pastel

Goodmorning / afternoon / evening all!


Once again, I have taken out the Book Buddies A6 Stamps and their coordinating dies to create a card this week. I do have a lot of 'bookish' friends, but I also have to admit that this particular stampset is becoming one of my favorites.
Just look at that cute cat peeping over his book! 💚


If you look back on this blog, it might be visible that I mostly tend to use bold and bright colors, so for this card I deliberately dared myself to only use pastels.
I started off by coloring the stamped images and left out the darkest color of my Copics combinations, creating less contrast and sticking to the soft look pastels have.
   

The background was made by die cutting a piece of smooth white paper with the largest Sweet Scalloped Die. I used masking tape to create a rectangle in the middle, leaving the scallops and stitched lines white. I blended Distress oxides salvaged patina and tattered rose and splattered with rose gold paint thinned with water.


After I gave it some time to dry, I stamped on the sentiment with watermark ink, and heat embossed with white powder. Using 3D foam tape, I adhered the stack of books and the critters on top of the background and added a few clear enamel dots around the scene. And ofcourse, last thing I did, was adding Ranger glossy accents to the glasses!


I'm quite happy how soft the card looks and that I managed to tone it down a bit for once. I might do this more often, it's a great way of using the same stamp set differently! 😀

Enoy your day!
~Ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like