Pages

Monday 2 September 2024

"To my favorite bookworm..."

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. I have another card to share with you today that combines both a newer and older set. As you can tell, I adore the Book Buddies set and feel like it can match with so many sets!

I wanted to create a scene that depicts two types of individuals when they are being read to: the one who is engaged to the story and listens and the one who falls asleep easily.


Sets Used:

I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color the images.


For my background, I took an A2 panel and measured around a quarter of the way up from the bottom and place a piece of low tack tape above it. I then blended this section with Uncharted Mariner and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides. This is to create the "carpet" of the scene

I then removed the piece of tape and moved it over the carpet to work on the "wallpaper." I first blended this area with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide. I then took the stencil and blended it with Worn Lipstick.


I removed the mask and set it to the side to dry.

I took a piece of green cardstock and heat embossed the sentiments onto it with embossing ink and white embossing powder. I then took the coordinating dies for the sentiments and die cut them out.

To assemble my card, I first adhered the stack of books and the cat on top of it using liquid adhesive.


I then adhered my second cat on top of the books and used foam tape to adhere it to the card. With my last cat this is already sleeping on the books, i added foam tape to the back of the image added it to the card.

For the sentiments, I added foam strips to the back and added them above the images to complete the card.

I hope you enjoyed this card today. All the products I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like