Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Baked With Love - Creating Embellishments with Die Cuts


Hi there! Jo here with some images and details of the card we made in last nights FB Live.


Please be sure to check out the video below to see exactly how I created this card.






In this tutorial you will see how I coloured my little mouse chef using my Copic Markers.




You will also find out how I created this glittery frame with my Quilted Square Nesting Dies. By cutting several frames I was able to build dimension and create my own chipboard style embellishment! So easy and really effective for adding dimension.



The built up frame also means you don't see any adhesive or foam tape along the edges of your frame. It looks great from all angles :)


My background panel was created with the Dotty Hearts Cover Plate Die. I used my Beautiful Blender Brushes to ink blend my soft background.



I stamped my sentiment in embossing ink on black cardstock & used WoW Gold Embossing Powder for a beautiful metallic finish.


My heart embellishments were made with another cover plate die. Using a scrap of black card I cut a piece from the Scattered Hearts Cover Plate Die and used some of the die cut hearts as accents to my focal panel.


I added some gloss to the heart embellishments with Nuvo Clear Crystal Drops.

This was such a simple card to make. I love using my dies for different jobs making my stash go further and really work for me. Using the 'waste' from your die cuts is the simplest way to do this.
Use clear storage pockets to keep all your 'waste' die cuts to use again in other projects.

I really hope you enjoyed the video and card today.

Don't forget to join us for more Live videos on FB & YouTube and join in the chat! We love talking to you guys especially now when life is so strange! Its great to have a crafty distraction.

Take Care and Stay Safe 

Jo
xoxo

Details of the products used in todays project are listed below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like