Pages

Monday 2 October 2023

From Our Home to Yours...

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Every year, I try to start working on Christmas cards earlier than the last. And every year, I still find myself rushing to get them all completed. So it's never too early to get started on your holiday cards. 

Today, I wanted to create a Holiday card using an older set and the cute door die that is currently on sale!


Sets Used:


I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I used the following Copic Markers to color them: C-3, C-5, C7. I then set them to the side and started working on my background.




I took an A2 Panel and masked off the bottom fourth of the panel. I then took the Tiled Wall stencil and blended it with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide. Once completed, I moved the mask up and blended the empty space with Weathered Wood and Hickory Smoke Distress Oxides for my concrete.

With the Open the Door die set, I die cut it out of white cardstock and for the handle and mail slot, I die cut it out of rose gold cardstock. 

With the door, I blended it with Uncharted Mariner. I trimmed down a piece of cardstock to fit the back of the door and blended the top part with Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw Distress Oxide and the bottom portion with Peacock Feathers. I adhered both pieces and glued on the mail slot and door piece.


For the steps, I blended it with with Weathered Wood and Hickory Smoke as well. I then arranged where I wanted my pieces to go an adhered them with liquid adhesive.

For the sentiment, I heat embossed it onto bright green cardstock and die cut it out with the matching dies. I love that coordinating dies are available for the sentiments as well. I adhered it to the bottom of my card using liquid adhesive.



I thought my card looked too plain and not so wintery once I adhered all of my elements. I decided to splatter white water color over the card to make it look like it was snowing. I thought this simply effect brought a bit more to the card.

I hope you will join me in creating Holiday cards early. All of the sets that I used are linked above and if you make a purchase, don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout. Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like