Pages

Friday 10 November 2023

I Love Brew Bookmark

 


Happy Friday, it is Annalisa here with my Friday project! Fall is a great time to stay in with a cup of tea and a good book, isn't it?! Today, I am sharing a tea-themed bookmark I created using several stamp sets and a stencil from Time For Tea Designs.

 

Now is a great time to grab the Tearrific Pals stamp set as it is on sale! Check out the 'Retiring Collection' section of the website for some great deals.

I added colour to the 3 1/8 inch by 6 1/4 inch tag (Dina Wakley Media White Tags-#8) by spraying tea-dye Distress Oxide Spray over the Coffee Stains 6 x 6" Stencil. I removed the stencil, sprayed on water (using a Distress Sprayer) and more tea-dye colour, and heat set this using the Tim Holtz Heat It Craft Tool. I find it essential to dry each time you apply colour/spray so you can build up the layers.


Next, I did some ink-smooshing onto the tag with ground espresso Distress Ink and a piece of acetate. For added detail and contrast, I added some splatter with a paintbrush and ink blended extra ink on the edges of the tag.  

I stamped 'I love brew' from The Perfect Blend stamp set with Vintage Sepia VersaFine ink. I then applied Icicle ultra fine embossing powder by Brutus Monroe (clear) and heat set it.

I stamped and coloured (with Copics) several images from Tearrific Pals, and the cup from Coffee Lover and cut them out with their coordinating dies. I added white gel pen accents with a Gelly Roll Pen. I used liquid glue to stick all of the elements to the tag. I tied some twine from Lawn Fawn through the opening in the bookmark to complete this project.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post, be sure to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like