Pages

Friday 7 February 2020

A Little Toucan of My Affection Valentine's Card - Stenciling & Copic Colouring Tutorial Video

Hi Jo here with a video and tutorial from Thursday night's Facebook Live Event. 


Be sure to check out our video for more detail on the techniques we used to make our card today.



I decided to make a card for Valentine's Day as its only a week away & I wanted to use a slightly different colour combination to the traditional Red of the season.



We had so much fun making this video. We had new viewers and some of our regulars and we just chatted away about all kinds of silly things, like Coronation Street, Mobile phones, Liverpool F.C & our little poor Clyde (the kitty) who had to go to the vets to have 2 of his teeth out. Poor guy!! :( 
He is fine now :)



In between the chat I did manage to show everyone how I used one of our Square Grid Masking Stencils to create my background. I used Distress Oxide Inks and our Beautiful Blender Brushes to blend. I added some white Acrylic Paint splatters before removing my stencil.


While my background dried I stamped and coloured my images. I die cut them with the coordinating dies.
I stamped my sentiment directly onto my background using Versafine Onyx Black ink.


To add a splash of colour to the top left grid I stamped and coloured some flowers from the new Hip Hop Hooray stamp set.

I layered my background panel onto my 5" Square Card Blank. I used Cosmic Shimmer Glue for some of my images. The Toucans I adhered with foam squares to give them some dimension.


This was a really pretty and simple card to make. I love the colour combination I used too. (Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry, and Seedless Preserve.)

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today and our video too!

Please be sure to join us for our next Facebook Live Thursday at 8PM GMT.

Here are some of the products I used listed below.

XOXO












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like