Pages

Monday 10 February 2020

Spring Scene - Fun With Stencils!

Hi crafty friends! Are you ready for some new inspiration from Time For Tea Designs? DT Jennifer here with some spring-y fun (in more ways than one!).


For my card today, I've mixed and matched a bunch of stamps, dies and stencils to create this fun spring scene!



To create this happy card, I first cut a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock. This will be the base piece for creating this scene. I had envisioned the sunrays in the background of the card, with 2 "spotlights" where we can see the fairy flying down towards the flower and the second, larger spotlight where the bunnies are enjoying the flower.

I stamped all my images, and cut the flower with the coordinating dies. I ran all the rest of the images through my Scan N Cut and cut them all out. Then I colored everything that needed it using Copic markers, added stickles and Wink of Stella and set aside.

Now comes the fun part - building the scene! I first placed the Large Circle Masking Stencil over my ground section, taped off the grass, and added clouds using the Sunny Side Up stencil, my Beautiful Blender Brushes, and Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Inks. I flipped the tape around and laid the base for the grass using Twisted Citron. Then I went over it in layers using the grass cut out side of the stencil and Mowed Lawn ink. I removed all of that masking and laid the Small Circle Masking die over the upper right corner to do a little more cloudy sky background for my fairy element. 

Next I used the negative of the stencils and masked off both of the sections I just made. This is to protect them from getting sunrays over the top of them. First, I taped off a straight line and added more hazy grass using Mowed Lawn ink, and oversprayed it with water from my Mini Mister to create some texture and break up the solid block. I flipped my tape to protect the new grass, and using the sunrays section of the Sunny Side Up stencil, I added lots of sunshine to the background using Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks.

After everything was dry, I attached the background of the scene to the red cardstock base and added the stamped elements to the scene. I've used foam tape in varying thicknesses to make things stand out a bit more.

I almost forgot - I have a discount code for you to use - T4TJENNIFER10 will save you 10% on your order from the Time For Tea shop! Yayyyy :)

I hope you enjoyed my project today. If you've got a moment, head over to join our FB communityfollow us on Instagram, and don't forget to play along with our monthly challenges by tagging #timeforteadesigns - so easy! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like