Pages

Saturday 11 July 2020

Lets Ketchup!


Hi lovelies well Saturday has rolled around again so it must be time for another blog post!
I finally got to colour up the Fries Before Guys stamp set its a super fun set and I think the Lets Ketchup sentiment is perfect for right now. I combined it with the Dotty Hearts cover plate die, Bee Happy Hexagon Stitched Nesting Dies and the Splish Splash 6x6 stencil.  
I cut out the Dotty Heart cover plate and to mix it up I squared off the corners using my paper trimmer. I cut out the largest Hexagon die twice but on the second one I popped in the next Hexagon die down to create a frame. Then cut the same frame out of fun foam to create some depth and stuck them all together. 
Now I had my hexagon cut and stuck I could use that as a guide to ink up my ketchup splotches. I added it in opposite corners to where the topper would be placed and then the opposite outer corners of the panel using Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink. I also used the same ink to also make a background panel just slightly larger than the Dotty Hearts panel and stuck them together.
The colouring of the stamped images was pretty simple as they are only small I added some white spots to the cheeks of the chip box and the chip to look like salt using a white gelly roll pen. They were pretty easy to fussy cut too I just had to be careful on the chips arms but my paper was pretty thin so it made it easier. When I stuck them in my frame I decided it needed a little more detail so stamped out the splotches in that same Candied Apple Oxide. Then to finish off I needed my sentiment I used the Mini Frame and Banner Die set to cut out the sentiment strip and then added my sentiment once it was dried I coloured the strip in with the same red copic I used on the Ketchup bottle and popped it on some fun foam to give it some height. Then all was left to do was pop it on my card base and my card was finished.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like