Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

Hooray For Mum! Shaker Card Tutorial

Hi all! I hope everyone is well this Friday evening!

Jo here with our edited version of last nights Facebook Tutorial. 


It's almost Mother's Day here in the UK so I really wanted to create a Spring themed card that would be ideal to send to my mum!

Check out the video below for more detail on how I put together this fun Shaker Card.



Our new Hooray Cover Plate Die has a this fabulous sentiment Die which is a significant size to create a focal point on the front of your project.


 I decided to use this die to create my shaker element. I used a piece of our A5 Super Smooth Cardstock for my background. My grass and fluffy clouds were achieved using the Sunny Side Up Again Stencil which is a fabulously versatile stencil for creating scenes.


I added a fine spray of water and then some flicks of acrylic paint in white to add some extra texture to my background.


My images are from the Butterflies Stamp and Coordinating die set. This is such an adorable set and perfect for this time of year.



I stamped the images on the same A5 Super Smooth Cardstock which is 300gsm so a really good weight. I stamped them with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then coloured them with my Copic Markers.


My card base was created from an A4 piece or our Moon Mist Cardstock. I used my scoreboard to fold this in half. My background panel was trimmed down so that a small border of my grey card base can be seen around the edge. 


I cut my sentiment from the background panel. The letters were stuck directly to my card base so they can be seen through the aperture I created. I then added a strip of acetate behind my sentiment aperture.



Before attaching my background to my card base I stamped my secondary sentiment "enjoy your day" which is from the Hip Hop Hooray Stamp set.


I added two layers of foam tape to my card base, completely surrounding my sentiment letters. This created my 'well' for my sequins. The double layer means that my sequins will have enough room to move around freely when the card is being shaken.


I added my sequins into the 'well' then removed the backing from tape and adhered my background panel.


 I then added all my images. My butterflies were given some sparkle to their wings with my Stardust Stickles.
  

I also added some glossy accents and Nuvo Crystal Drops to finish off my scene.

Be sure to check out the video to see my shaker card in full sparkly shake! :)

I hope you enjoy the video and it brings a little sparkle to your day!

Don't forget you can join us for our next FB Live every Thursday evening at 8PM GMT.

All the T4TD products I used are listed below.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like