Pages

Saturday 25 April 2020

Dream Big!


Hi guys hope your doing well! How much do you love the new release?! I absolutely adore these sweet mice in particular this cutie. As soon as I saw him I knew that I wanted to create a starry sky card with him looking up at a moon made of cheese. 
I started off by creating my night sky it’s such a fun technique. I used the second largest Quilted Square Nesting Dies to cut out a square from some Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I find this blends a lot easier which helps when you want to use lots of layers of colours. I laid down a base of violet, squeezed lemonade and peacock feathers distress oxide inks. Then when I had a fair bit of coverage I went over the top with some chipped sapphire and black soot distress oxides going lightly over the colours so they are still showing through and a bit heavier around the edges. When I was happy with my results I spritzed some water and dabbed it off then flicked some silver paint over the top. 
Making sure it was all dry I cut out the dream big sentiment in the centre and then cut it out in some  silver glitter paper. I mounted the galaxy background on some black cardstock and then Inlaid the silver in the dream big cut out. Then overlaid the galaxy dream big over the top but more to the right giving it a 3D effect. 
I cut out a circle for the cheese moon and stamped out my tree, grass and mouse and coloured them up with COPIC markers. Then stuck them down on the sky hiding the joint in the grass with the mouse. I added some more stars and a few shooting ones with my white gelly roll pen. Then mounted it onto my card base and my card was finished. I just love how versatile the mouse stamp is and so, so adorable it’s definitely turning out to be one of my favourites alongside the pandas. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like