Pages

Saturday 4 April 2020

You Make Me So Hoppy!


Hi guys I can’t believe it’s Saturday already! For today’s post I thought I’d mix it up from my favourite Pandas and use those adorable Toads from the Toadally Awesome Clear Stamp Set. I got these a while ago and I’ve been itching to ink them up. I love making scene cards so I thought I’d make a pond scene, as always I decided which die I was using to make my base. I wanted some added interest though so used the Hello Stitched Rectangle Frame Dies and paired the two largest dies together to create a frame. I like that they are a slimmer rectangle so very on trend right now.
Taking the inner panel out I used the Sunny Side Up Stencil to create the clouds I wanted a light blue so just used the ink that was already left on my blender brush. To make the waves in the pond I cut out the smaller rectangle die again and used the Best Fishes Banner and Border Die set just lining up the wavy cut point at the right height I needed it to be making sure it was dead centre as not to cut the edges. I repeated this twice. This was then coloured with Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch oxides and spritzed with water to add some texture.
Apart from the Bulrushes which are from the Moovelous set all the stamped images are from  Toadally Awesome. I wasn't hundred percent on my layout at this point so I stamped quite a few bulrushes and leap pads out and coloured them up with darker greens as I wanted the frogs to be a nice bright green to give some contrast. I added a few more pops of colour with the red ladybird, heart and bowtie then to tie in with the frogs coloured up the butterfly in yellows and oranges. 
I was originally going to add my sentiment at the top but it looked to cluttered up there so I stamped it out and cut it out with the co-ordinating dies and added it to the waves at the bottom. I think the layout worked really well its not too cluttered so doesn't distract the eye but there is enough detail to not to make it look like its missing something.
Anyways I hope you liked todays card crafting is definitely helping me stay calm in these uncertain, scary times. Let me know what you guys have been upto in the comments below. 
P.s Theres also a cheeky 10% off code for the Time for Tea shop if you want to buy some goodies just add T4TNATALIE in the voucher code section when checking out!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like