Pages

Saturday 11 April 2020

Embossing Using Stencils - Video Tutorial

Hi Jo here with another video tutorial taken from our FB Live Thursday 9th April.



In this video I made two cards using stamps from the Toucan Do This Stamp set. These were really easy cards to make although on the night we had a few things go wrong that made it look difficult! LOL :)






I kept some of the errors in the video as it shows that we all go through them. Even though this is my job I still get things wrong - especially when its LIVE!

Be sure to check out the video below.

In the video and during the Live show I made both of the cards alongside each other. These were the final cards. 
Lets start with Toucan Do This which was our Square card.



I started by embossing my stencil pattern into some super smooth Bright White Card stock. I did this by adding the flexible shim that comes with my Die Cutting plates to create the sandwich that enables the stencil to become an embossing folder of sorts. In the video you'll see that I get my sandwich wrong initially so it did take some tweaking to get right :)


I cut a square using our Quilted Square Nesting Dies from the centre of my embossed panel and also cut a frame using the same set of dies. Cutting my Square Panel also caused me some frustration on the night & had to be done twice as it moved in my Die Cutting Machine!!



All of my Toucans were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink & coloured with my Copic Markers.
I inked my Background panel using the Beautiful Blender Brushes and Distress Oxide Inks. My sentiment was heat embossed onto Licorice Black cardstock.

I used the heart dies from the Toucan Do This Stamp Set to add a heart embellishment between my Toucans, who I adhered with Foam Squares.


For my rectangle card I again embossed my stencil pattern into my white cardstock. I then cut this using one of the dies from the Hello Nesting Dies set.


I took the square I cut from our first card and used my Distress Oxide Inks to colour this panel. This really made those embossed leaves pop!

I added some more of those heart embellishments around my Toucan. I also added Glossy Accents to all my Toucans beaks.


My sentiment was die cut using the sentiment strip from the Hello nesting Dies Set and I cut a fishtail banner on one side. My embossed panel was adhered with foam tape along with my Toucan and the sentiment, to create dimension.

I love how these cards turned out despite some of my issues making them along the way :) These things happen and in the end it all worked out perfectly!

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today and found some inspiration.



Don't forget we still have our Stay Home Sale on until midnight of the 12th April.
Use code STAYHOMESALE to get 15% off your order.


Join us for more Facebook Live Shows every Thursday evening at 8.15pm.

Next week we will be showing you the Brand New Release so make sure you tune in for that.



We will also be on Create & Craft Friday 17th April 3.45pm with the exclusive launch!! It would be great if you could join us to watch me demonstrate the new release!


Take care everyone & stay safe.
Jo
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like