Pages

Saturday 18 April 2020

No one is Cheddar than You!




How cute is the new release from Time for Tea honestly I've had so much fun with the new Baked With Love set and the Say Cheese Cover Plate Die. My first card I made with the die had to be a big block of cheese but keep an eye out for the rest of my posts where I've mixed up the colours or used parts of it to turn it into other fun things like the moon and a rabbit burrow! It really is so versatile and I have made it a fun challenge with myself to find other things I can make with it.
So onto todays card which was really easy to create I started by cutting out the Say Cheese Die out of white cardstock then blending squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade oxide over the top then spritzing it with water to add some texture. Using the piece I just coloured I used this as a guide to cut a back piece which I coloured the same way but using just the spiced marmalade, the darker colour will add depth in the holes. The yay was created with the hooray die which I cut out twice then coloured with the spiced marmalade and spritzed again with water.
I stamped out the mice and coloured them up with warm grey copics and the R11 colour for the cheeks and feet and cut them out with the matching dies. I love how the die for the little mouse at the bottom cuts out his little hands so he can hold the block of cheese.
Once everything was coloured and cut out it was time to put the card together but before sticking together the background I needed to add my sentiment I laid the two backgrounds on top of each other and placed them in my Misti this enabled me to stamp the sentiment perfectly in the hole.
Then I added some foam tape on the back of the background with the holes in and stuck it onto the base card and added my mice and mounted it onto my card base. It was such a simple card to make but still looks great! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like