Pages

Saturday 25 April 2020

New Video Tutorial featuring 3 Cards and some Rainbow Watercolour Smooshing!!

Hi everyone! I really hope you are all well and keeping safe.

Jo here with our edited highlights from Thursday's FB Live.



During the Live I made 2 cards which as regular viewers will know is very rare!! :) I am not the fastest of crafters and when you're chatting along too its easy to get distracted :).


But this week I was on a roll as I had a few pieces already prepped from our recent appearance on Create and Craft. I'm sure like me you too have a number of pieces that you've coloured but then not used on a project or extra die cuts in your stash that haven't been used. These are so great to have as you can make a quick card simply when you need one!


Here are a few pictures of the projects we made that evening.


This card was one we hoped to demonstrate on Create and Craft but ran out of time. I love this Scattered Hearts Cover Plate Die as a back drop. I already had this panel cut but in the video I demonstrate how I made it.


 I also had this little mouse from the Baked With Love Stamp set already coloured and die cut with the coordinating dies. He just added an adorable accent to the Dream Big Sentiment.


Our second card used another cover plate die, the Dotty Hearts Cover plate die. I then experimented with some watercolour smooshing (love saying smooshing haha :)) onto this background die cut.


I added some super cute images and a sentiment from our new Unicorn In Training Stamp and Die Set. 


I also added some Shimmer spray and Nuvo drops to finish.

Once recording was over I still felt inspired to create. :) That happens sometimes doesn't it? I really didn't want to stop while I was on a roll so I used some of the bits I had left over from my previous projects to make a new card. This is something you could do with elements you may have left over from your projects too.


Although I didn't film making this card I explain in the video how I put this together. It was super quick as I already had most elements die cut and coloured. 


I used the leftover velum to cut another heart shape and added a different die cut sentiment and my card was pretty much done! Easy! and so cute! :)


Be sure to watch the video below for all the details of how we made each of these super cute cards.



I hope you enjoyed todays tutorials. 
Don't forget you can join us LIVE every Thursday evening on FB at 8.15PM for more card making projects and inspiration. 

Here are some of the products I used in todays projects.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like