Pages

Saturday 13 June 2020

Life is not a Fairytale!




Hi Guys I cant believe it Saturday already its been a busy week and it's flown by! This week I got to use one of my never before used stamps, don't you just love that feeling of using something in your stash and knocking it off the #nbus pile (never before used stuff). It's a fun challenge that I found on Instagram but also shows me I have far too many stamps or not enough colouring time. I think i'll go with the latter!
I just love the snarky sentiment on this Time for Tea stamp so I was excited to be able to finally colour it up and the Sparkle Cover plate fits perfectly with it.
I began by cutting the Sparkle Cover Die and the largest of the Hexagon Dies I coloured the sky on the Hexagon with Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxides and spritzed with water. I cut another Hexagon for the grass and cut it so it cover the bottom quarter then coloured it with my green Copic adding some flicks to represent blades of grass. To get the cut blades of grass at the top I Used the grass stamp from the Moovelous Stamp set and die cut that and stuck it along the top. The join I then covered with the Princess that I again coloured with Copics and I just had to use Cinderella Blue. 
The sentiment I heat embossed on some Black Cardstock I really like this technique as the white against the black really pops!
The blue back to the Sparkle Cover Die I coloured the same way as the sky just to add to the night time feel. I wanted my Sparkle Panel to be raised so an easy way to do this is to cut out the Sparkle Cover Die out of some white fun foam. It saves doing lots of cutting with foam tape and makes sure the whole of the back is sturdy. I just used Cosmic Shimmer Glue to attach them together. Then I popped it on my card base and added some stars to the sky using a white Gelly roll pen and small star sequin inside the Magic Wand and it was all finished up!
I hope you like my card and tutorial for this week and don't forget you can get 10% off in the shop using the code T4TNATALIE10
Have a great weekend and I will see you all next week!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like