Pages

Saturday 28 November 2020

Let it Snow!

 


Happy Saturday everyone hope your all well. Have you managed to pick up any crafty bargains this weekend? There are some fantastic offers on in the shop which run until the 30th Nov. 
Today I have another Display card for you let me tell you I absolutely love this die so much I'm not usually one for fancy designs. I don't know whether you have noticed but my cards are always just a simple fold one but I cant stop creating with this. I find it so much less fiddly than the box ones and so easy to put together. 
I started out measuring round the die to figure out how big my card would need to be as I wanted to ink blend before I cut it out and I didn't want to waste my ink by blending a bigger area than needed. I also felt when it embossed the folds it might not blend smoothly over the top of them. Once it was all blended I spritzed some clear water on to add some texture and put it aside to dry.
I used a mix of stamps for the images the tree log and trees at the back are from the Beavering Around, the Elephant and Hippo are from Life's Up's and Downs and the bird is from Skating By Penguins I stamped these out and coloured them up with Copic markers and Die Cut them out. 
The next step was to die cut the Display card and snow hills, the snowflakes which are from the Falalala Scalloped Slimline Die set and the Let it Snow Sentiment Die. It was really easy to stick together, I found it was easier to pop in the two back snow hills before adding the front as it isn't so fiddly then. Once these were in I could pop on the front hill and add my sentiment. Placing the sentiment first helped with figuring out the rest of the layout in the scene. I just love how it turned out those snowflakes really pop against the blue.
I was so happy to be able to finally use the Hippo and the Elephant stamp set too. It is more of an Autumn theme but it works so well for winter too. I love to stretch my stamps to get the most out of them it helps keep your ideas fresh and its just super fun to do!
I hope you like my card for today and have a great weekend! Don't forget you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like