Pages

Friday 13 November 2020

Christmas Cracker Slider

 

DT Annalisa here today wishing you a happy release day! What a better way to celebrate this new release than sharing a sliding cracker card?! I created this card using the Catmus Cracker stamp set and the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies.

Crackers are not typically a tradition in Canada but they have always been in my house thanks to my mum. She gets them for us each year and at our Christmas dinner at my sisters we all get to open several of them - I just love the BANG they make when we crack them open. We always read out the jokes and put on the hats (if only temporarily!) and see what surprise is waiting inside for us.

To start, I stamped the base scene on some Neenah Solar White 80 lb card stock and coloured the critters and crackers with my copic markers. I then stamped the sentiment and coloured in the background. I also stamped, coloured and die cut the kitty and cracker on the right. I used my slimline dies to cut out the scene as well as some red cardstock. 

I used a slider die to create the opening for my interactive element. I had to make sure it was the right size so that when the kitty was in its' leftmost position it covered the "is a cracker" text and when it was in the rightmost position it no longer covered the text. I added a bunch of double-sided foam tape (which I doubled up) to the back of the scene making sure to leave space for the slider element to function properly.



I added foam tape to a penny (also doubled up) and placed it underneath the scene in the slider opening and added the kitty on top. I then removed the backer tape and adhered the scene to the red background.

To finish the card I placed the card on some Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock.

Be sure to use T4TANNALISA10 for 10% off your order including on new releases!


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like