Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Bee Happy!

Hey Tea-Timers, how are you? Today, I'm sharing a fun slimline card featuring these very jolly bees!


I started out by die cutting a panel using the Bee Hive Slimline die. I then cut another panel to the same size, and ink blended it using different orange and yellow shades of distress oxide - Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber and Carved Pumpkin. On the reverse of the bee hive panel, I glued a panel of acetate, and then added slim strips of foam tape around the edges. I filled the space inside with a mix of gold, bronze and clear sequins, then placed the ink blended panel over the top to seal in the contents.



Next, I stamped out some of the bees and the bee hive from the Bee Happy stamp set, and coloured them with Copics:

Y17, Y15, Y13 (bees), BG10, BG000 (wings), R20 (cheeks)

Y38, Y26, Y23 (bee hive)

YR27, YR24, Y23 (honey jar)

E53, E51, E50 (basket), Y15 (flowers)


For my sentiment, I cut out the letters B-E-E using the Anthony's Alphas dies, from black card, three times and stacked them together. I then added Glossy Accents to give them a shiny finish. I then stamped the word "Happy" from the same stamp set on to the card panel, and added the word BEE above it with liquid glue.

I really love this card! It's not my usual colour scheme or style, and I'm a fan!

Thanks for stopping by again! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like