Pages

Tuesday 18 July 2023

Falalala

 

Hi crafty friends, DT Miri here and I'm back with another Christmas In July themed card. Have you started making your Christmas cards yet? Today I am using the Falalala Scalloped Slimline die along with the Snow Much Fun stamp. Such fun images to create with. Let's get started on today's card.....



I started off today's card by getting all of the panels cut and die cutting done. So to begin, I die cut the Falalala Scalloped frame in navy blue cardstock and then die cut the Falalala sentiment twice in red cardstock. I glued the sentiments together and set aside to dry. I cut and score some 100lb white cardstock to create a card base that was slightly larger than the frame. Lastly I cut two slim pieces of the red cardstock to use as edging.


I then stamped the images in a Copic friendly black dye ink and coloured with Copic markers. Once dry I added Gelly Roll highlights. For the coluring I have used the following Copic combinations - 

R29, 27, 24, B16, 14, 12, YG09, 07, 23, 01, N8, 6, 4, 2, R20, E44, 43, 42.

Once the images were completely dry, I fussy cut them - although there is a coordination die available.


On another piece of white cardstock I ink blended the sky using Distress Oxide inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Prize Ribbon. Making sure to only blend just over half way down the panel, to create a snow effect. I then added white Gelly Roll snow. I trimmed the panel and glued into the scalloped frame and then glued the two red strips. 




I added the trees, snowmen and sentiment into place and glued this to the card base. That completes the card for today. It's clean and simple but oh so Christmassy!! I hope this might inspire you to get started on your Christmas projects.

Don't forget if you want to get a 10% discount on your purchases at the online store, use my coded - T4TMIRI10.

See you again next Tuesday, have a great week...... xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like