Pages

Monday 3 July 2023

Welcome to... "Love Island"

 Hi Tea Timers welcome back to the blog. Today I have a fun scene which is my own spin on "Love Island." I really like the image of the two cats with their tail heart in the Smitten Kitten stamp set. I created a little scene for them which ended up being just them two on an island.

Sets used:

I first cut out my panel using the A2 die from the cover plate set. I then took the stencil and built my island in the following order: I first ink blended the land part with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Oxides.

I then took Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina and blended around the the land to create the water. With a cloud stencil, I blended it with Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade.

The last part is the palm tree. I first blended the branch with Gathered Twigs and Tea Dye. I then blended the leaves with Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss. I wanted them to look fuller so I blended them at different angles a couple more times.

I stamped out the images of the cats and used the following Copic Marker colors to color them: C-0, C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7, YR00, YR12, YR14, Y16, Y18

I then fussy cut them out and set them to the side.

Using the alpha dies, I cut out the word 'ISLAND' from pink cardstock. I then cut out the love sentiment from gold cardstock. I assembled my card using liquid adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will want to create a fun island for your favorite critters. Check out the links to all the products that I used and don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like