Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Let It Snow

 

Hi crafty friends, DT Miri here again with another Christmas In July card project. I am back with another Christmas card - whether it be in December or July - there's never enough Christmas for me!!! Today I will be featuring the It's Penguin-ing To Look A Lot Like Christmas stamp and the Let It Snow sentiment die. Such cute images to make this quick and easy Christmas card. So let's get started.......




I started off by cutting and scoring a piece of  dark red cardstock to create a card base that measured 4.25 x 5.5 inches. I then trimmed a panel of white cardstock to measure slightly smaller. I then die cut the Let It Snow sentiment - three times in white for the background and once in red for the front. I glued these all together and set it aside to dry.


On the white panel, I ink blended a sky scene using Distress Oxide inks - Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Prize Ribbon and Chipped Sapphire and then splattered with some watered down gouache. I let a section on the bottom white, but drew in some snow banks with Copic B000, B01.


I moved on to the penguin images. I stamped the images from the It's Penguin-ing To Look A Lot Like Christmas stamp in a Copic friendly ink and coloured with Copic markers. I added highlights with a white Gelly Roll pen.  For today's card I have used the following colour combinations......
BV29, 25, 23, R29, 27, 24, B97, 95, 93, YR09, 07, 04, G02, 00, R30, Y15, 11, 00


I fussy cut the images, although there is a coordinating die available. I added the die cut sentiment to the panel and tucked in one of the penguins under the sentiment. I then added the rest of the images to the bottom of the card panel. The panel was then glued to the card base and that completes today's card.


I hope you are inspired to get started on your Christmas cards some time soon. I will be back again next Tuesday with another card project. Don't forget you can get 10% off your online purchases by using my code - T4TMIRI10.

Have a great week xx










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like