Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2024

Relax, read, repeat

Hello everybody!

Summer has arrived and I'm here for it! Well, at least my crafting is 😉
I've got a card to show you which oozes the summer vibe. I can hear the waves crashing onto the beach whilst looking at this one!

Started off with stamping and coloring my critter from the Book Buddies A6 Stamps. Just love how he's peeping over the book! I used the Book Buddies Coord Dies to die cut my image, and set it aside to use later on.




Next step I took, was die cutting a circle, using the Stitched Circle Dies out of white cardstock. With the help of masking tape I divided the circle and blended sand with Distress oxides antique linen and walnut stain. I added some dots with a brown alcohol marker. For the sea I used salty ocean and uncharted mariner. For the sunset sky I used mustard seed, worn lipstick and wilted violet. I stenciled on a palm tree using black soot.

I then die cut a Scalloped Circle from white cardstock and adhered my beach scene on top. I added the colored critter on top with 3D foam tape and stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock with watermark ink. I used white embossing powder and my heating tool after which I used the coordinating die set again to cut the sentiment out. Again using 3D foam tape, I adhered it onto the circle.

With the Simple Square Nesting Dies I die cut a yellow square and with a stitched square I die cut 2 pieces patterned paper, choosing nice summery colors, but making sure my blended beach scene would still pop out on brightness. I layered those pieces and used a small strip of glittered pink washi tape on the breakline. I adhered this entire stack onto a white card base using double sided tape.



Added Ranger glossy accents to the critters glasses and some enamel dots to finish the card. There's nothing more that says 'vacation' to me then catching the last sunrays on the beach with a good book to accompany me. That's the feeling I wanted to catch in this card. I hope I succeeded!

I hope you all are having a relaxing summer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like