Pages

Monday 15 July 2024

"You're One In a Melon... Berry, Berry Sweet!"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. As you all may know, one of the many techniques I like to do when creating a card is taking some of the smaller images in a stamp set to create a background. I really like the fruit images in the Fruitful Friends stamp set and wanted to create a card specifically for them.

It all so happens that the color palette for the fruits are very similar so it was nice to use different shade combos to color the images to keep it consistent.

Sets used:

(Coordinating die set available here)
(Stamp and die bundle available here)

I took an A2 Panel and arranged my images on an acrylic stamp block. I then inked up the images and stamped them around the panel several times until the entire background was covered.


I then took the follow Copic Marker color combos to color the images: 
Strawberries: R22, R24, R27, R29, YG61, YG63
Cherries: R56, R59, YG97, YG99 
Watermelon: RV11, RV13, RV14, YG21, YG23, YG25

I then took one of the scalloped circle dies and cut it out of light blue cardstock. I took the die cut and then heat embossed the two sentiments using embossing ink and white embossing powder.

I wanted to add a little texture to the card so I took a piece of bakers twine and wrapped it around the card several times. 


I then placed foam tape onto the back of the scalloped circle and adhered it on top of the twine. 

To complete my card, I took a piece of lime cardstock and trimmed it down to fit behind the A2 panel, so that the panel was framed. Once I trimmed it down, I took more foam tape and adhered the two panels together.

All the items I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like