Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2024

You can't buy happiness...

 ... but you can buy books! And craft supplies!! The perfect combo if you ask me ๐Ÿ˜

The Book Buddies Stamps make me happy. I love cats, I love books, I love sleep รกnd I love to craft. All my favourite themes combined! Not very fond of worms in real life, but this one is cute and made out of paper, so I'll live.


As usual, I started by colouring in the stamped images and die cutting them with the help of the coordinating dies. Set those aside to work on the frame and background. For the frame I used plain white cardstock and the new Five Windows Cover Die. Took the largest size out of my Simple Nesting Dies - A6 set, which fits beautifully behind the panel, and die cut a panel out of, again, white cardstock.

With distress oxides salvaged patina, kitsch flamingo and carved pumpkin I blended an ombre background. After that dried, I used the X Marks the Spot Stencil and distress oxides peacock feathers, picked raspberry and spiced marmalade to make 'ton sur ton' x's.


Added some white splatters with plain acrylic paint and water. I then added 3d foam tape to the frame, and adhered it on top of the background panel to create depth which helps creating the illusion of a book cabinet or shelve.

With white embossing powder on black cardstock, I created the sentiment, and ofcourse used the coordinating die to cut it out. 


With slightly less thick 3D foam tape, I adhered all the images onto the panel. For some extra dimension, I added Ranger glossy accents to the critters wearing glasses. This takes A LOT of time to dry, so I always make sure this is the last step to take as I do not have enough patience to wait this process out in the middle of making my card ๐Ÿ˜…

I hope you enjoy this one, I sure did creating it!


Have a nice day!

~Ilona~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like