Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Christmas in July - Mew are the Best Gift

Hello everyone!  DT Elaine here today to share a really cute Christmas card using new stamps and dies from the July 2020 release.  
For this card I have used the new 'Mew are the Best Gift' stamp set and used my copic markers to colour all those gorgeous packages and the cute kitty peeking over the top in the middle!


I absolutely love slimline cards and was so excited to see T4TD were
bringing out their own range.  For this card I used the long scalloped rectangle die in the 'Scalloped Slimline Die'.  The slimline die works on UK DL size card bases as well as those in the US (which are slightly different in size) but I like to make my own card bases so that I get a nice even border all the way around.  For my cardbase I cut my cardstock to 28cm by 17cm.  On the 17cm edge I made a small mark at 8.5cm and then scored all the way along the length of the card.  This gave me the perfect sized card base with a neat border all the way around the scallops.  I have attached a diagram of the dimensions:
On the scalloped rectangle I lightly blended some Distress Oxide in Worn Lipstick around the edge trying to focus the majority of the colour around the edge.  I then followed this with a light cover of Distress Ink in Festive Berries.  I darkened this colour a little more with some Hero Arts ink in Light Red to Ruby Red with my T4TD medium blending brush.


For the Christmas garland of bows I used the bow image in the 'Santa Paws' set and coloured them with the same copic markers as the other reds on the card.

The copic marker colours I used for the stamped images on this card are as follows:
Reds (presents/hat/bows): R39, R37, R35, R32
Greys (presents/hat trim): C3, C1, C00
Gold: YR24, Y26
Browns (cat): E44, E43, E42, E41, (cheeks) R30, R32 

I hope you enjoy the video tutorial!


Happy Christmas Crafting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like