Pages

Saturday 15 August 2020

Mew are the Best Gift of All!

 


Happy Saturday everyone its Design Team member Natalie up on the blog today sharing my Christmas morning scene card. I love how there's lots of detail going on but the crisp white background gives it a clean and simple feel. 
I started by cutting out three squares of white card stock using the stitched square nesting dies then in one cut out a smaller square using the same die set for the window. On one of the other squares I inked some blue clouds using the Sunny Side Up again stencil and added some darker blue splotches for some added detail. The sun is cut out of the gorgeous Rainbow Brights Essentials Paper Pad using the Sunburst Cover Plate Die. 
As you know I don't like to use too many different colours on my cards I say it's because I find it more aesthetically pleasing but I also find picking colours really hard so find it easier to stick to a few. I like the colour coordination in the presents too and you can always add texture or pattern with a gelly roll pen. I find also helps to quicken the colouring progress especially if you have a production line going on. So I coloured up my cat and presents from Mew are the Best Gift of All in a range of reds, blues and greys and die cut it out. The Christmas Tree is from the Warm Winter Wishes stamp set I didn't add any extra baubles so as I thought there was a lot going on in the scene already and wanted to keep the attention on the cat.
Then I added the sentiment to the card and layered it all together using the third square we die cut at the back of the card base and that was my card finished. I hope you like it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like