Pages

Friday 22 December 2023

Interactive Christmas Card


Happy Friday! DT Annalisa here today sharing a festive interactive card as we are just days away from Christmas! It features the Open The Door Die and some adorable Time For Tea Designs critters. 

I created the background with the Tiled Wall 6 x 6" Stencil by spraying on lumberjack plaid Distress Spray Stain and water on some high-quality watercolour cardstock. I used the left-over ink that remained on the stencil after using it for another background. I placed watercolour cardstock on the inky stencil and pressed it down firmly. I carefully lifted the cardstock and sprayed it liberally with water to create this beautiful effect. 


I adhered this 5-by-5-inch panel to a white card base and added a snowy hill using the Landscape Edge Standalone Die. I ink-blended lost shadow Distress Oxide ink onto the stairs area of the Open The Door Die and stuck it on top of the snowy hill on the bottom center of the card.

I ink-blended prize ribbon Distress Oxide ink onto the woodgrain cardstock and then splattered it with water. I die-cut the inked woodgrain cardstock and a silver metallic paper with the door die. I glued a piece of white paper to the back of the door so that I could stick it in the silver sections of the door. 


Next, I trimmed white cardstock to fit behind the door frame. I used the Tiled Wall 6 x 6" Stencil and lost shadow Distress Oxide ink to create the inside wall of the house. Antique linen Distress Oxide ink was ink-blended for the floor. 

I stamped and coloured (with Copics) images from Snow Much FunIt's Penguin-ing to Look A Lot Like ChristmasBaked With More Love and Let’s Party and cut them out with their coordinating dies. I added white gel pen accents with a Gelly Roll Pen. I glued these to the inked background 'wall' cardstock. I then glued this scene in behind the door frame so that it would peak out when you open the door. 


I used liquid glue to stick the door panel and it's' inside to the front of the card. I didn't own the Open The Door Holiday Add-On Die Set (I do now! as I grabbed it in the awesome Black Friday sale!), so I decorated it with mistletoe from It's Penguin-ing to Look A Lot Like Christmas and holly from Gingerbread Family - Our House to Yours.

The elements on the front are from Let’s Party (the small red present), Lucky Ducks and It's Penguin-ing to Look A Lot Like Christmas. I coloured these elements with Copics and stuck them down with liquid glue.


Finally, I added the 'HO HO HO' from the Sentiment Cards – Winter Wonderland White to complete this card.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post. Remember to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like