Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2024

Bright birth announcement πŸ‘ΆπŸŒˆ

Happy tuesday!

I'm not sure which countries have the same tradition as us Dutchies do, but I do know it's not common to send birth announcements everywhere, so let me explain. When a baby is born, we send out cards to all our relatives, friends, colleagues, aquantainces, etc. The card will always reveal the baby's name, gender, date of birth, weight and length. The new parents spend ages on picking the right card for their newborn. Some design them theirselves and will have personal references in the drawing or image on the front. I always try to use some of the birth announcement details on my cards I send out in return to congratulate the new family.

I have a huge love for bright colors, as you might have already noticed 🀑 Imagine how delighted I was when I got asked to design a card for a newborn baby, and the birth announcement had a rainbow on it! Plus, it had a cute mouse on it and the baby's name in a huge font. The idea to make a card inspired on these details resulted into this bright and colorful card:



For the base, I used the simple nesting dies A6. I die cut 2 panels out of white cardstock and blended rainbow colors with Distress oxides spun sugar, dried marigold, squeezed lemon, twisted citron and tumbled glass on the smaller panel. 

Using 1 shade darker for all colors (kitsch flamingo, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, mowed lawn and salty ocean) together with the Scattered Hearts 6 x6" stencil, I created the rainbow hearts background. I adhered this colored panel onto the slightly larger white panel and adhered this onto a white A6 card base, creating a subtle frame.


Now all I needed whas a cute mouse and letters for the baby's name! I found the mouse in the Hey There Critters Clear stampset. Stamped and colored it and cut it out with scissors. 
For the name I used the Anthony's Alpha Dies and die cut each letters twice out of smooth white cardstock. Glued the two letters together to make it a little more sturdy and creating a little depth after glueing them onto the background panel. 

Last but not least I added enamel dots in pretty matching colors and that finished my birth announcement inspired card!


I hope you like it!
All the best,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like