Pages

Friday 16 August 2024

One In A Melon


Happy Friday! DT Annalisa here sharing a colourful fruit-filled card I created using the new Fruitful Friends stamp set and coordinating dies. I combined these with the Slimline Postage Stamp Frame Dies that are on a super Summer SALE until August 18th!

I used Tim Holtz Distress Sugary Gumdrop Mica Stain, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Sprays on water-coloured cardstock. I love the shine the mica stain gives! Once the panel was dry, I trimmed it to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches and glued it to an A2 card base.

I die-cut vellum with the Slimline Postage Stamp Frame Dies. I then used the  Simple Square Nesting Dies to die-cut four small squares from white card stock. I ink-blended two with abandoned coral Distress Ink and two with twisted citron and mowed lawn Distress Oxides. I added stitched lines along the outside of each square with a white Gelly Roll pen.


I stamped and coloured (with Copics) several images from Fruitful Friends and cut them out with their coordinating dies. I added white gel pen accents with a Gelly Roll Pen. The butterfly is from I Really Dig You, I die-cut it with the coordinating dies.

I used liquid glue to adhere the squares to the vellum postage die-cuts. Next, I glued the stamped and coloured images to the small ink-blended squares and then used double-sided foam tape to adhere them to the card base.

I die-cut the letters 'melon' from white card stock using Anthony's Alpha Dies. I ink-blended the top of each letter with abandoned coral Distress Ink and the bottom with twisted citron and mowed lawn Distress Oxides. I added white gel pen accents with a Gelly Roll Pen.


I die-cut the same letters from black cardstock and glued the ink-blended letters to these (slightly offset to create the look of a shadow). I used double-sided foam tape to adhere the letters to the card base.

I masked off the word 'melon' from the 'you're one in a melon' sentiment stamp, and inked it with Versafine Onyx Black. I trimmed it down with a slim rectangle die and used double-sided foam tape to stick it to the card.


Thank you so much for reading my blog post. Remember to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like