Pages

Monday 12 August 2024

"This Is Where I Fell Asleep" - The Sequel

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Today, I have a tutorial with one additional bookmark I created using the Book Buddies stamp set. 

I wanted to show that you can mix and match the critters from various stamp sets and pair them with the new Book Buddies stamp set. I decided to use the super adorable, sleepy sloth from the Movie Night stamp set.


Sets used:

I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating dies to die cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color the images and set them to the side to start working on my bookmark.


On the smaller inner piece for the bookmark, I die cut it out of white cardstock. I then blended this piece with Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxides.

I then took my embossing buddy and tapped it over the blended piece. This is the quickest way to emboss over a blended piece without having to wait for it to dry. 

I then took the stencil and blended the piece with embossing ink, making sure to live a bit of the bottom free for my sentiment. Once completed, I poured white embossing powder over it and then heat set it with a heat gun.


On the lower part of the piece, I heat embossed my sentiment using embossing ink and this time gold embossing powder.

I then die cut the large bookmark die from navy cardstock. I adhered my inner piece using liquid adhesive.

To assemble my images, I first adhered the larger bookstack with liquid adhesive and the smaller bookstack right in front of it. I decided to add the sloth to the smaller bookstack and the bookworm to the larger one.


To complete my bookmark, I tied a ribbon to the slot at the top so that it is easier to pull out the bookmark from the book.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today. All of the items I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at check out for extra savings. Happy Crafting and Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like