Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2020

Emboss Resist Halloween Card featuring Spooktacular Stamps and Dies

 Hello crafters!  DT Elaine here today to share this spooky Halloween card using the new Spooktacular stamp set along with lots of other Time for Tea goodies in the range.

To start with I took a piece of white cardstock and treated it with an antistatic powder bag.  I placed the card in my stamp positioner along with the Plaid Background stamp and inked it with an orange dye ink.  Before removing the stamp and the card I repeated the stamping with Versamark Ink.  Next I took the singular line stamp in the set and inked it with Versafine Onyx Black Ink, another sticky ink which is great for heat embossing.  Once everything was stamped I coated the panel with clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat gun until melted and glossy.

 To add interest to the panel I applied Black Soot Distress Ink all around the edges concentrating the colour on the edge to create a gradient effect.  The areas coated in the embossing powder resist think and the orange colour shows through.  I cut this panel down to size using one of the square dies from Quilted Square Nesting Dies.

The ghosts and bats were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, coloured with copic markers (C3, C1, C00, YR01, W6, W4, W1) and cut out using the co-ordinating dies.

For the cardbase I cut a piece of black card stock to 10" x 5" and scored at 5" on the longest side and burnished with a bone folder to create a 5" x 5" card base.  Using another of the dies in the Quilted Square Nesting Die set I cut a white square of card stock for a layering panel.

To frame the ghosts I used two dies from the Quilted Square Nesting Dies to cut a small frame from black card stock. All the layers were adhered to the cardbase and the images were adhered using foam tape to help add some dimension.

The sentiment was created using white embossing powder on black cardstock and trimmed down into a thin strip.  Foam tape was adhered to the back and secured under the ghosts.

To add a little extra sparkle, glitter was applied to the ghosts and jewels dotted around here and there.

I hope you enjoyed this card and check out the video

xx Elaine xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like