Pages

Saturday 24 October 2020

Beary Sweet Fall Card - Using A Sketch for Inspiration


Hello everyone!!
I hope you're having a great crafty weekend.
Today I am sharing the card I made during our FB Live on Thursday. If you missed the live be sure to watch the edited version below to see how we made this sweet slimline card!


I think this card might be one of my most favourite cards in a while :)

I love all the super cute bears and their sweet treats sat in the patterned paper pumpkin patch.



The inspiration for the card came from a card sketch & colour inspiration from Pinterest.


I was really inspired by the colours, the fall theme and the sweet treats. Our Bearing Gifts Stamp set is perfect for this theme. I teamed it up with the Spooktacular stamp set which has the cool pumpkins and the Woodland Critters which has the piles of autumn leaves.


I could also have used the leaves in the Autumn Scene Cover Die or the Coordinating Dies for the leaves in the Woodland Critters set and just cut a series of leaves from colour cardstock or patterned paper.


I used the Slimline Scalloped Trios Circle Nesting Dies to cut several pieces of patterned paper. I then cut each piece with the Landscape Edge Dies to create a variety of  hills.


I used my Copic Alcohol Markers to colour my cute images and die cut the with the coordinating dies.


I added Glossy Accents to the donuts so they looked scrumptious & glazed.

In the video I talk through how we used the sketch to inspire our card but didn't follow it literally. I love using colour palettes and sketches as a starting point for my projects, especially when I'm struggling with my mojo!


The main elements we took from the sketch were the 3 circles - our 3 bears; the colour inspiration - fall colours; the sweet theme - cookie sweater textures, donuts and coffee; the sentiment at the bottom of our card.

I absolutely loved making this card and love how it turned out. I hope you do too!

Don't forget to join us every Thursday at 8pm BST on Facebook for our weekly Crafting Live with Jo.

A list of the products I used is below.

Happy Crafting 

Jo
XOXO







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like