Pages

Sunday 13 November 2022

Wishing you a sweet Christmas!

Hi Tea-timers! I'm so excited to share with you my first card using some of the new release goodies! It's such a good winter release, and I think my favourite set has to be the little gingerbread family, who will definitely be featuring on my Christmas cards this year!



For today's card, I've used one of my favourite techniques of creating your own background by repeatedly stamping a small image - this time, it's the little candy cane from the gingerbread set.

Products used:

- Gingerbread Family - Our Home To Yours stamp set and coordinating dies

- Masking tape

- Red ink for blending, pale ink (eg antique linen Distress Ink) for stamping

- Blender brush

- Acrylic block and (optional) stamping platform

- Foam dots

- Red enamel dots

- White gel pen and black fine liner pen

Instructions:

1. Mask off a square on an A2 card panel. I used a pencil and ruler to draw a 3.25 inch square starting half an inch from the top of the page, and half an inch in from the sides. I rubbed out the lines until they were only very faint, then used them as a guide to place my masking tape on. 


2. Using an acrylic block, repeatedly stamp the candy cane image over the square in red ink. Turn the image in different directions for a whimsical look, and to fill up all the space evenly. 


3. Using the same red ink, lightly blend in from the edges with a blender brush, leaving the centre white. Remove the masking tape and erase any remaining pencil lines.


4. Stamp the gingerbread people in a pale ink (I used antique linen distress ink) ready for no-line colouring. I used Copics in the following colours: YR27, YR24, YR14. For the buttons I used R24, for the cheeks R20 and white gel pen for the icing details. I added in the face detail with a black fine liner pen.


5. Stamp the sentiment underneath the background. 


6. Add the gingerbread people with foam dots or tape, then finish by adding some red enamel dots.


Such a sweet little card!



What's your favourite product from the new release?

Don't forget discount code T4TJAYNE10 will get you 10% off your order at the Time for Tea Designs store, including the new release. Happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like