Pages

Monday 26 September 2022

Hang In There... It's Almost Halloween!

Hi Tea Timers and Happy Monday. Today I am excited to share a card I made using the new Halloween Mini Release. Jo has amazingly released the new Halloween sets in 2 different mediums! The Trick or Treaters are a digital set that will be sent you immediately after you purchase them. The Haunted House is a Clear Stamp set.


Sets Used:

I used the digi stamp set for my cards by printing out the images using a laser printer and 100lb cardstock. I find that laser printers work best when working with digi stamps, especially if you are using alcohol markers. I printed out the Trick of Treaters by selecting "Actual Size" on the print menu prompt. 

I then fussy cut the cat on the broomstick image and used the following Copic markers to color the cat:

  • Cat: YR00, YR01, YR12, YR14, YR16, YR18
  • Hat: C-4, C-5, C-6
  • Broom: Y21, Y23, Y26, E11, E13


I took the Haunted House image and cut it down as an A2 background. I used the following Copic markers to color the scene:

  • House: C-6, C7, C-8, C-9, W-3, W-4, W-5, W6, W-7, W-8, B93, B95, B97, B99, Y13, Y15, Y17
  • Grass: YG11, YG13, YG17


At first, I used Copic markers to color the sky as well but I did not like how it turned out. To save the background, I fussy cut the top portion around the sky and took another A2c card panel and blended Uncharted Mariner, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry to create my sky. I used white watercolor to splatter across it. 

To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment from the Up, Up & Away stamp set onto pink cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered the cat image using foam tape and the sentiment with liquid adhesive.

I hope you will check out the new Halloween mini release. If there are any sets that you purchase, don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for some savings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like