Pages

Friday 2 September 2022

Just Keep Swimming Box Card

 

Hello everyone, happy Friday. DT Annalisa here today sharing a 3D box card I created using some new and older products from Time For Tea Designs. When I saw the ocean-themed July release, I knew I had to make an underwater box card featuring all the sea creatures.

I cut some Distress White Heavy cardstock by Ranger and used the 'ink smooshing' technique to add watered-down Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers. I pressed Peacock Feathers down onto my glass matt and sprayed it with water. I pressed the paper down into the watercolour to create a watery look. I then die-cut two pieces of this using the Box Clever Die Set. I also cut two wavy inserts using some dies I had in my stash and glued them on top of the inserts. Visit T4TD over on YouTube for a video on assembling the box. 


I will warn you that the Distress White Heavy cardstock no longer supports water the way it used to. My original Distress White Heavy cardstock could handle a lot of water. However, I purchased some new packages recently, and they 'bubbled up' whenever I added water. I will have to use the Distress Watercolor Cardstock by Ranger for watercolour techniques like this in the future.

I stamped the images from the Fintastic Friends and Beach Buds with Ink on 3 Blackout Ink and coloured them with my Copics. I cut them with their coordinating die sets; Fintastic Friends coordinating die and Beach Buds coordinating die. I added some white gel pen accents and Prisma Glitter. to some elements. I stamped the sentiment from Fintastic Friends using Versafine and die-cut it out with its' coordinating die. 

I assembled the box card using double-sided tape. I then used liquid glue to add all the critters and elements to finish the card.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post. Don't forget to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.

Be sure to follow me on Instagram and see all my latest projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like