Pages

Saturday 12 December 2020

Visions of the North Pole!

 



Happy Saturday everyone, it's DT member Natalie here with another Christmas card tutorial. Are you still crafting away like me? I always aim to be more organised but it never happens.
As you know I love the new Die-namic Display card die so I had to make another one. This time I created a little North Pole scene with the cute penguins from Skating by Penguins and those happy little reindeers from Happy New Year Critters
I always colour in the background before I die cut it so the ink goes over the creases easier. I used Chipped Sapphire and Stormy Sky  then spritzed on water to create some texture and added splats of Picket Fence Distress Spray. I find it goes everywhere so I don't spray I take it out the bottle and just tap it on. I then set it aside to dry and stamped out my images and left them to dry too as I have a tendency to smudge the ink. Whilst they were drying I cut out the snow banks and added the sentiment on the bottom of the front one.
The critters were coloured really simply with Copic markers because there only small not much blending was needed. I finished off the colouring with some rosy cheeks and 3 dots of white Gelly Roll pen on them. I die cut them all out along with some extras I'm always so thankful to have the dies when I'm mass producing it saves so much time. Once everything was cut it was time to stick it all together.
The Display Card Die was super easy to use I do go over the creases again though with my bone folder to make them extra crisp. 
I just imagine the North Pole to have this endless supply of  Candy Canes where they just grow from the snow like flowers, and if you have watched the Christmas Chronicles you know Reindeer just love them! So you know Mrs Claus likes to make sure they are well fed they have to have that sugar fuel to deliver all those presents! 
So yes that's the story behind all those candy canes I just popped everything on and that was my card finished up. 
I hope you like it and have a lovely weekend. Don't forget you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like