Pages

Friday 11 December 2020

Happy 2021

 

Happy Friday! Today I am sharing a snow-filled Happy New Year card featuring the Happy New Year Critters Clear Stamp Set and coordinating dies. That squirrel so cute and those balloons are adorable! This is one of my favourite cards that I have made this year.

I made the shaped card base with my Brother Scan N Cut SDX125e using an SVG cut file I purchased from Lori Whitlock's SVG Shop. After it was cut and assembled (I adjusted the design a bit by removing a snowman) I got to work on adding the adorable critters! I stamped, coloured (with Copics) and die cut out all of the elements. I die cut the snowflakes from white card stock using the Falalala Scalloped Slimline Dies and I love how they look. I stamped the 'happy new year' onto the bottom of the card base.

I used the balloon string line from the stamp set for the reindeer as it worked well in terms of length with my design. For the other balloons, I drew a line with a black marker and fussy cut them out. I used liquid glue to adhere the reindeer, squirrel, balloon strings and snowflakes down, for the other elements I used foam tape to add some dimension.

Once everything was on the card I added A LOT of snowflake dots using my white Gelly Roll Pen. I was inspired by the beautiful Christmas cards Sandy Allnock has been making lately with a lot of snow dots. If you aren't familiar with her work, I highly recommend you take a look. I have learned so much from her videos.

I have a 10% discount code for the T4T store which can be used on anything, anytime and has no time limit - T4TANNALISA10.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like