Pages

Saturday 13 March 2021

Happy Mother's Day!

 


This week seems to have flown by I can't believe how fast the weekend has come around. It's been a quiet week with the boys being back at school and work so extra crafty time for me! Did you get your Mother's Day cards finished up? If not I have another quick and easy card for you today. 
A great way to get more out of your dies is to turn them into stamps, its super easy I just cut them out of fun foam and stuck them to my stamping block with some double sided tape. I used the new Spring Blooms Dies to create my background.
If you want to use different colours with the same stamp its probably best to cut one for each colour. I just stuck to one colour per stamp so just cut out one of each. 
I cut my base out of white 360gsm cardstock using the large rectangle from the Autumn Cover Scene Die and stamped my images straight on top. I used Worn Lipstick and Dried Marigold Distress Oxides for the flowers and then Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn for the foliage. 
Using the fun foam doesn't give a crisp stamp but I like the distressed look I think it adds extra interest to the card. I didn't follow a pattern just tried to even space the flowers and fill in the gaps with the little leaves.
I didn't want to hide too much of the background so I kept my sentiment small and simple. I heat embossed the Happy Mother's Day stamp from the Mum and Dad clear stamp set onto a small rectangular piece of black cardstock. I wrapped some twine around the card and then popped the sentiment over the top using some foam pads. I finished it off by mounting it onto some pale pink cardstock and popping it onto my card base. 
I hope you like my card if you want to purchase anything you can find them in the Time for Tea shop and if you pop in code T4TNATALIE10 you can get 10% off your order. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like