Pages

Saturday 20 March 2021

Hello Sunshine!



 

I can’t believe how fast the weekend has come around again! It’s been a busy week in the garden getting it ready for summer so I thought I’d mark the occasions by bringing in some warm feelings with my latest card. Watermelons always remind me of our lazy summer holidays in France my little man always insists on picking the biggest one in the shop and carrying it all the way around. So that’s where my idea came from, I’m seriously regretting not adding a little slice of watermelon in the little mouse's paws though maybe next time! 

I started out by cutting out the Oval Scalloped Nesting Dies twice out of 360gsm white card stock. I scored one at the top about a cm down and then stuck them together to create my card base. 

To create the watermelon I cut another one out of the same white card and lightly blended worn lipstick distress oxide onto it. Then using the Zigga Zigga stencil I went over the top with Picked Raspberry distress oxide to add some texture. I also spritzed on some water and dabbed it off with paper towel to add more interest and splattered on some back soot distress oxide to represent watermelon seeds. 

For the green I cut out the frame die out of white cardstock and then out of green fun foam so I could add some depth. I find the fun foam much easier when it’s an awkward shape as it’s just one cut from the machine and fits perfectly. I used twisted citron and a tiny bit of mowed lawn to add some shading on the edges. 

Next I needed to add my sentiment and little mouse. I used the Hello Sunshine Sentiment Die and cut it out using black card stock and used the negative die cut to get them placed perfectly. The little mouse is from the Treat Yourself Clear stamp set I used warm grey Copics to colour them in. There wasn't much shading involved as they are so tiny. I just finished them off with a little R11 in the ear, on the cheeks and for the nose. I cut them out with the coordinating die and popped them on my card. 

After sticking everything down  I finished it up with some Black Nuvo drops and that was my card finished up. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial don't forget if you want to buy anything in the shop you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like